Monday, October 16, 2006

Long Weekend

It has been a long long weekend.. the court day thing has been interesting but now.. I just wish all these folks would go home.. I had been told that it got crazy down here.. but OMG.. I never dreamed.. I am still trying to figure out how they got all those folks in that small area.. and I was right there in the middle of it a few times.. I did however find out if you have a 3 ft python around your neck while walking through a large crowd.. no one gets in your way.. I took Ava for a walk with me through town.. It was interesting to see all the varied reactions to having a live snake out in public.. she always attracts a lot of attention.. mostly from children.. the parents are the ones that freak about her.. oh yeah and teenage girls..

I didn't get a chance to post about our anniversary last week.. I have been working strange hours.. and when I am home I try to keep the house clean.. make lunches.. cook dinner.. do laundry.. so the blog thing has sorta fallen by the way side a bit. Ron bought me pink daisies for our anniversary.. and he wrote a beautiful poetic blog, letter, whatever you want to label it.. it made me cry of course.. I got him a teddy bear in a bag that said " you are the best part of me".. and I wrote something for him as well.. It always amazes me that when he writes about our relationship he seems to be saying how fortunate and blessed he feels to have me in his life.. I guess I have never been able to convince him that I am the one who is blessed and honored every day just to have him to love.. and to have his love.. I would be lost without him in my life... that is why I didn't write on the card that came with the teddy .. the bag said it best.. Ron is the best part of me..

Today I have to go to work.. yippieee.. can't you feel my excitement?.. I am gonna get dinner put together before I leave.. chella will be able to stick it in the oven for me.. and that will be about all I do today before work.. 7 1/2 hrs of standing on this foot.. I need all the rest I can get this morning.. Ok.. time to get the Chella out of bed and see if we can find her some cars to park..

Y'all have fun.

2 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

honey, I know my life .. I know where I was headed .. I know the wonderful difference you have made in my life .. so .. yes .. I am a fortunate one .. but no one says we both can't be fortunate ..

Cathie in Oregon say that I saved her .. Well, in several ways, you saved me .. some I know of .. and others I am still discovering ..

I write from the feeling of being blessed because that is where I am .. Blessed .. to have you in my life ..

Love you

Retro Girl said...

Hope y'all survive court days...LOL I went one year and wow it is a LOT of people to cram in a small town. Would've loved to see their faces when they saw your snake lol. You're a trip.

Once again - gotta say Happy Anniversary!! You are my inspiration.. *HUGS* Love you sister!

Red